Transitioning to the Cloud comes with a fair amount of uncertainty. Concerns regarding malware, compliance and security are probably the first on the list but are not the only point of hesitation.
Hardware failures, the fear of downtime, the loss of important data are all reasons why there is apprehension to Cloud migration. But those who have taken the leap and moved to the Cloud are not looking back.
In a recent study 65% of business executives said that moving to the Cloud has freed up IT resources to work on more strategic tasks and 64% added that these initiatives were implemented faster.
Despite increased efficiency, there are five more reasons why moving to the Cloud is an option that should be considered.
1. Access to world class infrastructure and skillsCredible Cloud providers use the best hardware, software and skills. Data centres are also required to adhere to a variety of audits and industry standards.
2. Up-to-date security and softwareIn the Cloud, a specialist will take care of the security for you and every time you connect – you will have access to the latest version of applications. Legacy accounting systems may no longer be supported by the vendor leaving your data vulnerable.
3. Saving moneyWith Cloud you can save up to 80% on your IT budget and 90% on your energy bill. No more costly hardware or IT support – an internet connection is all you need.
4. Data back-up – all taken care ofHard drives lost to theft or fire is no longer a worry. A good Cloud application will keep your data backed up to the last minute without any need for special action from your side.
5. Productivity boostCloud provides a potential productivity increase of up to 400% says companies that have invested in Cloud technology. That’s about 1,5 hours saved per day.
We are living in an increasingly digital world and the speed of technological change means that businesses often struggle to keep. Moving to the Cloud is a solution that offers more benefits than risk. The future is mobile and we are giving our customers the power to control their businesses from the palm of their hand.
Steven Cohen is the Head of Sage One International (Africa, Australia, Middle East and Asia).