Masterclass Series 1: Develop Agile Leadership in a Disruptive World
Module 1: The past, present and future of leadership.
Facilitated by: Alan Hosking
Module 1 of this four-part Masterclass Series on “Agile Leadership in a Disruptive World” addresses a topic everyone seems to have forgotten: how leadership became what it is. An understanding of the evolution of leadership is necessary to understand where it is going from a macro point of view so you don't operate on a “flavour of the month” basis.
What is the focus of module 1?
Module 1 lays the foundation for the series by providing a high level strategic overview of the state of leadership both worldwide and locally, and reveals exactly why old-school leadership skills no longer work. It then gives you a clear understanding of what is required of you to be an effective leader in the here and now. This series has been developed from ongoing interactions with some of the world’s most forward thinking leadership experts, so leaders at all levels – from executives to junior managers – will benefit.
What will you learn?
How and why:
1. leaders were chosen in ancient societies.
2. leaders were chosen over the past 100 years.
3. leaders will be chosen over the next 10 years.
4. humans respond to each of the three leadership paradigms.
5. the shift in global consciousness has affected the way we lead people.
6. leaders will lead people in the next decade.